...with the sound of music!
With songs they have sung
For a thousand years!
The hills fill my heart
With the sound of music.
My heart wants to sing
Ev'ry song it hears.
My heart wants to beat
Like the wings of the birds
That rise from the lake to the trees.
My heart wants to sigh
Like a chime that flies
From a church on a breeze.
To laugh like a brook
As it trips and falls
Over stones on it's way.
To sing through the night
Like a lark who is learning to pray.
I go to the hills
When my heart is lonely...
I know I will hear
What I've heard before.
My heart will be blessed
With the sound of music,
And I'll sing...
Once...
More...
I WENT OUTSIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!!
You're probably not as excited as I am about this, but it's a really huge achievement for me! The last year has been tough because my M.E. became severe and I was getting a lot of infections, which just makes everything ten times worse. Up until May, I could count on one hand the amount of times I'd been out since the beginning of the year, and when I say out, I don't mean anywhere spectacular: Doctor's appts. or out in the garden for a few minutes. However, in May I started feeling a little bit better, so my Mum started taking me for little car rides. It was so amazing...I can't begin to describe the joy I felt! So of course I just had to go and get a throat/chest infection and then a couple of others on top of that, didn't I? (; Consequently, I've been stuck in my bed for the last 2 months. The last time I went out was to an appt. with my paed. in mid May, and the last time I was in the garden was about a few days after that. So today was a huge achievement! I'm so happy I could cry! :') And just to prove I really was out...
...and I know, the dress looks like a tent! I need to wear a belt with it, but I don't have one that will work with it, although I've been meaning to get one forever. Also, another amazing thing is that this is the first day in 2 months that I've got "dressed up". I've just been in huge comfy tees and pyjama shorts for the last two months! AND I washed my hair (I have washed it since the last time I was out, I promise...) which is another huge achievement! So, I'm feeling rather proud of myself :D
So, that's my explanation of my The Sound of Music moment! I hope it hasn't bored you too much, I was just so excited I could burst!
Anyway, I am about to remedy the fact that the above had nothing to do with classic films or anything vintage.
I've been in an exceptionally Greer-y Greer Garson mood the last few days.

Not that I'm ever not in the mood for a bit of Greer. ♥ Who doesn't love the lady?
To be precise, the exact flavour of the Greer-y mood at the moment is Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon, because they're my favourite on screen couple ever. They're the most adorable, divine and impishly charming couple!
I found some really, really cute Mrs. Miniver screen caps quite by chance today...

If you think so, darling...









Eeep! Sooo cute!!

Ok, this one is just brilliant! I seriously ♥ it! Click on it for a better look at Greer's darling smirk, just before Walter slaps her behind!


(You can really never go wrong with MM photos. :D )

Scandal at Scourie

Madame Curie
...aaaand now I'll stop. I could keep posting these photos forever! (: But, if you have facebook, I urge you to check out this video. I saw it yesterday, and it brought a tear to my eye. I get abnormally emotional at fan music videos :')
Oh, before you go, here's a little something...
Only Greer could manage to look so elegant whilst hanging off a curtain!
A presto!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment